Thamesmead Life Drawing
Welcome to Thamesmead Life Drawing
Information about who is modelling for us will be in our Blog/Model info section below. Just click on the date that you’re interested in and follow the booking link.
Based in the Lakeside Centre and Artist Studios, Thamesmead Life Drawing was brings life drawing to residents of SE2 and SE28 and the surrounding areas in Bexley and Greenwich.
Suitable for artists and beginners aged 17 and above, the sessions bring professional and experienced life-models from all over Greater London to Thamesmead to pose nude for the participants
We’re currently running a hybrid version of life drawing with both in-person and online artists drawing the same model. It’s a little unusual, but the past 18 months have got us used to the unusual.
Set up by actor and artist Jamie Zubairi to bring this creative activity to Thamesmead rather than travelling into central London to better his drawing practise.
Checkout the ticket page which gets updated every week with the eventbrite link.
Blog Posts/Model Info
- 28/Sept/2021 Andrew Davidson #PosesAndPoemsPoses and Poems featuring model Andrew Davidson. Alongside life drawing poses of varying lengths, there will also be poetry read live by hosts Jamie Zubairi and Marcus Reeves curated and selected with the model. IN PERSON This session might be ONLINE ONLY as there are space issues at Lakeside, and until the Cafe is upContinue reading “28/Sept/2021 Andrew Davidson #PosesAndPoems”
- 21/Sep/2021 #Lifedrawing #PosesAndPoems with Sarah LowndesCURRENTLY THIS SESSION MAY BE ONLINE ONLY. We will know later on in the week as to whether it will have a studio to hold the in-person session. Sarah is now becoming a TMLD regular for us, having modeled for us before the lockdown, as well as during. It’s certainly a pleasure to have herContinue reading “21/Sep/2021 #Lifedrawing #PosesAndPoems with Sarah Lowndes”
- #PosesAndPoems 7th Sept Steph OThe Model: This is the third time Stephanie will be working with us since Lockdown and the first time in person! Not only is she a life model but also a dancer and choreographer. Originally from Melbourne, Australia, Stephanie has settled nicely into working in London and it’s strange and hectic pace. To see moreContinue reading “#PosesAndPoems 7th Sept Steph O”
- #PosesAndPoems 10th August Naomi10th of August for the final life drawing session of the summer
- 3 August 2021 #PosesAndPoems with Toni AshDancer Toni Ash will be modelling for us in #PosesAndPoems 3rd August 2021
The sessions are untutored though Jamie is on hand for guidance should anyone feel the need to learn a new way of looking and interpreting onto paper. Jamie guides the model into timed poses of differing lengths.
You are encouraged to bring your own media to work in (whether it is inks or iPads!) but basic drawing equipment is supplied free. Drawing boards, paper, pencils, charcoal and erasers. Also cups of tea and biscuits!
Where Are We
2 Bazalgette Way,
Online Lifedrawing Prices
- £5.00 for EarlyBird
- £7.00 for the standard Price
- £8.00 for in-person
- For availability please see our Tickets page