Thamesmead Life Drawing
Welcome to Thamesmead Life Drawing
Information about who is modelling for us will be in our Blog/Model info section below. Just click on the date that you’re interested in and follow the booking link.
Based in the Lakeside Centre and Artist Studios, Thamesmead Life Drawing was brings life drawing to residents of SE2 and SE28 and the surrounding areas in Bexley and Greenwich.
Suitable for artists and beginners aged 17 and above, the sessions bring professional and experienced life-models from all over Greater London to Thamesmead to pose nude for the participants
We’re currently running a hybrid version of life drawing with both in-person and online artists drawing the same model. It’s a little unusual, but the past 18 months have got us used to the unusual.
Set up by actor and artist Jamie Zubairi to bring this creative activity to Thamesmead rather than travelling into central London to better his drawing practise.
Checkout the ticket page which gets updated every week with the eventbrite link.
Blog Posts/Model Info
- #PosesAndPoems 10th August Naomi10th of August for the final life drawing session of the summer
- 3 August 2021 #PosesAndPoems with Toni AshDancer Toni Ash will be modelling for us in #PosesAndPoems 3rd August 2021
- 27/Jul/2021 #Lifedrawing #PosesAndPoems with Sarah LowndesSarah is now becoming a TMLD regular for us, having modeled for us before the lockdown, as well as during. It’s certainly a pleasure to have her back working with us again at Lakeside. She’s a versatile model, with a range of poses and themes that go from classical styles to body painting. Please checkContinue reading “27/Jul/2021 #Lifedrawing #PosesAndPoems with Sarah Lowndes”
- LakeSide Drawing Group Week 1the first class in Lakeside Drawing Groups
- tmldLIVE with Joe PerouThe first session proved to be a little tricky for me! My audio and video wasn’t connecting to zoom so poor Joe was receiving phonecalls from me to tell him to change the poses! Poor chap. I’m so profesh! Not.
The sessions are untutored though Jamie is on hand for guidance should anyone feel the need to learn a new way of looking and interpreting onto paper. Jamie guides the model into timed poses of differing lengths.
You are encouraged to bring your own media to work in (whether it is inks or iPads!) but basic drawing equipment is supplied free. Drawing boards, paper, pencils, charcoal and erasers. Also cups of tea and biscuits!
Where Are We
2 Bazalgette Way,
Online Lifedrawing Prices
- £5.00 for EarlyBird
- £7.00 for the standard Price
- £8.00 for in-person
- For availability please see our Tickets page